Articles on this Page
- 12/23/18--04:18: _Hp Probook 450 G4 r...
- 12/23/18--05:07: _Can I dual boot ano...
- 12/23/18--04:58: _my Laptop do not start
- 12/23/18--05:27: _Laptop Recovery med...
- 12/23/18--06:51: _System disabled i 8...
- 12/23/18--07:58: _Failure ID Q4SPWM-...
- 12/23/18--08:16: _I forgot the Bios p...
- 12/23/18--08:35: _Envy Laptop will no...
- 12/23/18--08:41: _my hard drive crash...
- 12/23/18--09:08: _HP Mini 5103 BIOS U...
- 12/23/18--09:27: _freezes at setup af...
- 12/23/18--09:36: _My Hp Stream lapto ...
- 12/23/18--14:24: _How to enable virtu...
- 12/23/18--16:24: _Locked out of laptop
- 12/23/18--16:52: _HP Chromebook OS Re...
- 12/23/18--22:59: _Other drivers missing!
- 12/23/18--23:36: _Can’t get it to sta...
- 12/23/18--23:58: _Hard disk error sho...
- 12/24/18--02:01: _CQ42-291tx Win 7 Li...
- 12/24/18--04:10: _How can I update to...
- made sure windows is up to date and downloaded all updates.
- i have performed sfc /scannow but it ailed to detect any issue .
- updated all my drivers using HP Support assistant.
- i thought that intel rapid storage might be causing such an issue, i tried uninstalling it but this failed to fix the problem.
- i have tried using the stock IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers driver, this also failed to fix my issue.
- i have tried to tweek my power plan to high performance in case it was putting the ssd in a low power state but that also failed to fix my issue.
- 12/23/18--04:58: my Laptop do not start
- 12/23/18--05:27: Laptop Recovery media ISO or similar image format?
- 12/23/18--06:51: System disabled i 84472527
- 12/23/18--07:58: Failure ID Q4SPWM-0009B5-MFKT0J-60XN03
- 12/23/18--08:16: I forgot the Bios password
- 12/23/18--08:35: Envy Laptop will not awaken from sleep
- 12/23/18--09:08: HP Mini 5103 BIOS Update Tool
- 12/23/18--09:27: freezes at setup after factory reset
- 12/23/18--09:36: My Hp Stream lapto cannot update WIndows 10
- 12/23/18--14:24: How to enable virtualization in HP Envy360 X
- 12/23/18--16:24: Locked out of laptop
- 12/23/18--16:52: HP Chromebook OS Recovery Fails
- 12/23/18--22:59: Other drivers missing!
- 12/23/18--23:58: Hard disk error short dts failed
- 12/24/18--02:01: CQ42-291tx Win 7 License key
- 12/24/18--04:10: How can I update to a version of Chrome higher than 68.0.3440.118?
I have had my HP Probook for two years and now, and have been using it without any issue so far.
I have decided to upgrade it with a brand new Kingston SSD and i have installed a fresh windows 10 Pro.
Since i have made the upgrade 3 days ago i have been experiencing random freezes for 20 - 30 sec each, where windows just seems to be loading something, and whatever you try to click wont open. When freezing is done the os will pickup and reopen whatever application you opened or clicked on. these freezes are random and do not have any particular pattern.
I have tried some basic troubleshoting steps and did the below:
At this point in time i am not sure what other troubleshooting steps i can try. Any help or suggestion will be highly apreceated.
Thank you in advance
I need to install Windows 10 Enterprise in a separate partition on a 1TB+16GB Intel Optane Windows 10 Home system. I couldn't find a clear answer to this anywhere, though I have seen some threads discussing this topic and suggesting some workarounds for dual booting Ubuntu but not another Windows.
Intel website info is grey, and all it says is that multi booting is not supported or recommended and results can’t be guaranteed, but whether dual booting will work at all, even without accelerating the second Windows remains a mystery!
My plan is to continue using Windows 10 Home as my primary OS with Optane enabled. Enterprise will just be used occasionaly for testing purpose with Hyper-v, so I'm not so particular about it beeing accelerated and won't install RST (hopefully I won't need to) or enable Optane.
Will this work and can I use dual boot in this case, or worse, is it going to damage my current installation? I saw that some users reported their systems becoming unbootable. I don't want to mess up my new laptop and end up doing a factory reset after having spent so much time updating it and installing various software!
Appreciate your replies.
I have my computer installed a antivirus, the instalation was interrupt; Now when I tried to start the computer I get a message said: Preparing Automatic Repair, more tahn 2 1/2 hours. Please let me know what i need to do to start the machine again.
My wife's laptop would not boot and diagnostics could not detect the M.2 SSD. I replaced the M.2 SSD and need to get a recovery media image so I can create a bootable USB stick or CD/DVD. Unfortunately all the support guidelines describe only how to create recovery media from a working HP system.
So where can I download an ISO file or similar so I can create a bootable USB stick or CD/DVD to recover the Windows 10 installation?
When I attempt to start up the laptop PC it just displays the Windows icon and a rotating dot pattern,
On powering up and running the diagnostics - it shows a Hard Disk Short DST: FAILED with Failure ID - Q4SPWM-0009B5-MFKT0J-60XN03. Can anyone explain what this means? and What the solution is? please.
How can i reset the bios password?
Laptop will not awaken after going to sleep; I have to reboot.
HP pavilion ss3300 z hard drive crashed installing new hard drive but need Windows Vista 32-bit operating system download it's Windows Vista Home premium thank you.
My school district has a set of HP Mini 5103 mini laptops. With the atom processor and 2 GB of RAM, they do not run windows very well. I want to install CloudReady from Neverware so they can run a version of Chrome OS. That requires a BIOS update. I have located and downloaded the package to update the BIOS with a USB key. I cannot get it to run.
The first error is that it gives a warning that device media is write protected:
I've done this multiple ways. I've run the utilitiy on three different USB drives; same result. I've gone into the registry to change the Storage keys to ensure WritePolicies is set to 0. I've used DiskPart to remove all read-only attributes. I've even used DiskPart to create a botable partition on the chance that I could copy files over. That actually worked, somewhat. It does not consistently work when I've tried to recreate a process.
This led to the second error: when I did manage to trick the tool into working, it runs the format and copies files over to the USB but doesn't actually run anything:
That same device that was write-protected was formatted and had these files copied over, but the process just stops. I've tried booting from this which failed, not that I am surprised because I have hidden files showing; there are no other files to run at boot. I've tried running the eRompaq.exe and i get an error that it cannot run on my operating system. My hypothesis is that not all files are being copied over correctly. I've manually copied over files but it is still not seen as a system disk. WhenI boot from EFI file, I can get the BIOS system update to run, but it fails when it starts.
Bottom line is that I need to get the BIOS updated so that I can install a different OS and it is not working. Please help!!
Thanks in advance.
I RECENTLY FACTORY RESET MY NOTEBOOK15 F337 TOUCH SCREEN ENERGY STAR AND AT SETUP IT JUST FREEZES UP. I HAVE TRIED TAKING THE BATTERY OUT AND UNPLUG ADAPTER AND HELD START BUTTON 15 SECONDS AND NOTHING CHANGED. I EVEN FACTORY RESET AGAIN AND STILL THE SAME THING. WHAT CAN I DO? PLEASE HELP
I constantly get an error, because it cannot update Windows 10, there is not enough memory, I have tried to contact consumer support and cannot get in touch with them. I still have the 1 year warranty, will HP replace or reimburse me?
Hi,Kindly tell me how to enable virtualization on HP envy 360 X?
I bought this laptop November of 2017, used it for school and haven’t touched it since January. I’m starting school again and for some reason the password I’m trying to use is supposedly wrong. I just need to reset the password so I can log in.
I have performed the Chrome OS recovery on my son's Chromebook but it still errors out with a problem that has occurred. I have verified that the recovery files on the USB stick (tried different sticks) are correct and have even tried on multiple USB drives.
Once the USB drive is inserted it starts and the verification completes to the end of the progress bar and then attempts to recover but ultimately errors out with "An unexpected error has occurred. Please refer to this URL for troubleshooting tips: https://www.google.com/chromeos/recovery"
I have tried several times with no luck. I have read online that the computer may be unrecoverable. Is there anything else I can do, or do I need to scrap this unit for parts?
All these Other Drivers in the screenshot are missing. Please help me with this. I have problem with playing games.
I did a hard drive test but it failed it gave me Id failure code OU3Q9G-60C9B6-MFPV5A-6OSMO3
My computer just said hard disk error and if i open diagnostics it says short dts failed
Hye, I have the Compaq CQ42 unit , i want to reinstall the OS win 7, but the product key sticker is smeared so some of the character can't reconqnize. Is it possible to retrieved it back? Thank you.
I can't play netflix on my chromebook. I went through all trouble shooting with the live chat support from netflix and they advised to contact the manufacturer to find a way to update a version of Chrome higher than 68.0.3440.118. I really dont want to have to buy another computer just to watch netflix. Can you please help me.